Woman's weekly. Vol. XVII, Jan-Jun 1920
- London : The Amalgamated Press, Limited, 1920.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 volume (various pagings)) : illustrations (black and white, and colour).
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- The first issue of The Woman's Weekly was published on 4th of November 1911 by Amalgamated Press, targeting a growing demographic of working women. It covered a broad range of topics from fashion and beauty, housekeeping and crafts to career and relationship advice, and is particularly notable for its serialised fiction. Woman's Weekly remains a leading publication today, having celebrated its centenary in November 2011; while certain features (such as the weekly printing of dance music) have disappeared over the years, the magazine remains true to its original focuses of lifestyle, crafts, home and cookery and fiction.
- Other Subject(s):
- Audience Notes:
- "Issues: 427-452"--Home page.
"Price: 2 pence"--Home page.
"Additional Information: Released every Tuesday. The January 10th, January 24th, February 7th, February 21st, March 6th, March 20th, April 3rd, April 17th, and May 1st issues include art plates of actors and celebrities"--Home page.
Multiple issues bound into a single volume.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2022. Digitized from a copy held by Future PLC and made available by Adam Matthew Digital.
- Location of Originals:
- Future PLC
- Copyright Note:
- Future PLC.
View MARC record | catkey: 39622533