FABRICATION OF THIN URANIUM DIOXIDE PLATES BY A POWDER ROLLING PROCESS
- Fargo, J. J.
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 1963.
[Oak Ridge, Tennessee] : [U.S. Atomic Energy Commission], 1963.
- Physical Description:
- microfiche : negative ; 8 x 13 cm
- S>Thin, uniform plates of urania were produced by a powder-rolling process. Six types of urania powder were evaluated for their rolling characteristics, as were a number of organic binder additions to the urania powder. For urania powder, the rolling process appeared limited to producing rolled strip in the 0.020 to 0.100 in. thickness range. Rolled sheet could be punched to give flat plates with intricate patterns of perforations and contours. These plates, when sintered to 1700 deg C in hydrogen atmosphere, reached a bulk density of 10.40 g/cm/sup 3/. (auth)
- Report Numbers:
- Other Subject(s):
- U.S. Atomic Energy Commission depository collection.
- NSA number: NSA-17-032534
OSTI Identifier 4679320
Research organization: International Pipe and Ceramics Corp., Los Angeles.
View MARC record | catkey: 39666209