Letter from James Whitworth to his wife, 3 June 1812 : Correspondence 3 Jun 1812
- Whitworth, James
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2022.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- James Whitworth to his wife, North Yarmouth, 3rd June 1812. Has not had the reply to his last letter that he expected, but has heard from a friend's wife that they are. It has been a long time since he saw his children, and will be long before he sees them gain. He expects that they will sail on Friday for the Baltic. Hopes she will write to him, as her time is her own, and she is not at danger of getting flogged as he is. Has heard that the Baltic swarms with privateers, so they may see action before returning to England.
- Other Subject(s):
- AMDigital Reference:WHW/1/6.
National Maritime Museum, UK: Whitworth, James Rn (Fl 1812).
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: Letter from James Whitworth to his wife, 3 June 1812, 3 Jun 1812.
- Location of Originals:
- National Maritime Museum, UK
- Copyright Note:
- © National Maritime Museum, Greenwich, London
View MARC record | catkey: 39673584