ON THE CHEMISTRY OF THERMONUCLEAR REACTOR BREEDER BLANKETS
- Robinson, M. T.
- United States : [publisher not identified], 1958
[Oak Ridge, Tennessee] : [U.S. Atomic Energy Commission], 1958
- Physical Description:
- microopaque : positive ; 8 x 13 cm
- In all likelihood, a nuclear power economy based on D-T thermonuclear reactors would require efficient breeding of tritium in blankets around such machines. Some of the chemical aspects of tritium breeder blankets are discussed by application of the principle of electroneutrality. It is shown that the most interesting fertile materials are metallic Li and LiD, although there are no serious bars to the use of many other materials. If neutron multiplication be employed, it appears necessary to use elemental Be due to the extensive decomposition that will be encountered in Be compounds. (auth)
- Report Numbers:
- Other Subject(s):
- U.S. Atomic Energy Commission depository collection.
- DOE contract number: W-7405-ENG-26
NSA number: NSA-14-002351
OSTI Identifier 4221038
Research organization: Oak Ridge National Lab., Tenn..
View MARC record | catkey: 39680959