The way we genuinely live = Yuungnaqpiallerput : masterworks of Yup'ik science and survival / text by Ann Fienup-Riordan ; translations by Alice Rearden [and others].
- Fienup-Riordan, Ann
- Additional Titles:
- Seattle : University of Washington Press ; [Anchorage] : In association with Anchorage Museum of History and Art and Calista Elders Council, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xv, 360 pages : illustrations (some color), map ; 31 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Anchorage Museum of History and Art and Calista Elders Council
- Introduction: "Everything that is made causes us to remember" -- The moral foundations of Yup'ik science -- Qasgimi (in the Qasgi) -- Muraliuryaraq, enliuryaraq, teggalquliuryaraq-llu (working with wood, bone, and stone) -- Qayaq (kayak) -- Cenami up'nerkam nalliini (on the coast during spring) -- Kuigni up'nerkam nalliini (on rivers during spring) -- Neqliyalriit (those who are going to fish camp) -- Yaqulget amlleret (birds in abundance) -- Canegnek piliat (things made from grass) -- Uksuarmi pissuryaraq (fall hunting and trapping) -- Uksumi neqsuryaraq (fall and winter fishing) -- Enemi (in the home) -- Tuvqakiyaraq, kalukaryaraq-llu (sharing, celebration, and renewal).
- 0295986697 (pbk. : alk. paper)
9780295986692 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 345-348) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3979236