Sacred assemblies and civic engagement : how religion matters for America's newest immigrants / Fred Kniss, Paul D. Numrich
- Kniss, Fred Lamar, 1956-
- New Brunswick, N.J. : Rutgers University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xi, 271 pages : illustrations, map ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Numrich, Paul David, 1952-
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Introduction -- Purity and protest : sectarianism and immigrant civic engagement -- Locating the moral authority of immigrant congregations -- The moral projects of immigrant congregations -- "Making it in America" : occupational and economic adaptation in immigrant congregations -- Religion, education, and civic tensions in immigrant congregations -- Marriage patterns in immigrant congregations : implications for social distance and group identity -- Language in immigrant congregations : religious and civic considerations -- Individual engagement : citizenship in immigrant religions -- Organizational engagement : the ecology of immigrant congregations -- When and how religion matters for immigrant civic engagement.
- 9780813541709 (hardcover : alk. paper)
0813541700 (hardcover : alk. paper)
9780813541716 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0813541719 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 247-267) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3979241