Influence empire : inside the story of Tencent and China's tech ambition / Lulu Yilun Chen
- Chen, Lulu Yilun
- Additional Titles:
- Influence empire : the story of Tencent & China's tech ambition and Inside the story of Tencent and China's tech ambition
- London : Hodder & Stoughton, 2022.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 232 pages ; 24 cm
- Language Note:
- Bibliographical references in English and Chinese.
- Part I. Origins -- Book of pony -- March of the penguins -- David to Goliath: a soul-searching journey -- Alibaba the arch-nemesis -- The biggest coup: Meituan -- WeChat, China's virtual town square -- The ride-hailing battle -- A gaming crusade -- Era of mobile games -- State vs. Goliath -- The metaverse and beyond.
- "In 2017, a company known as Tencent overtook Facebook to become the world's fifth largest company. It was a watershed moment, a wake-up call for those in the West accustomed to regarding the global tech industry through the prism of Silicon Valley: Facebook, Google, Apple and Microsoft ... In this fascinating narrative - crammed with insider interviews and exclusive details - Lulu Chen tells the story of how Tencent created the golden era of Chinese technology, and delves into key battles involving Didi, Meituan and Alibaba. It's a chronicle of critical junctures and asks just what it takes to be a successful entrepreneur in China"--Publisher's description.
- Teng xun (Computer Firm)—History
- Internet industry—China
- Internet—Economic aspects—China
- Communication—Technological innovations—China
- Information technology—Economic aspects—China
- Teng xun (Computer Firm)
- Communication—Technological innovations
- Information technology—Economic aspects
- Internet—Economic aspects
- Internet industry
- Other Subject(s):
- 9781529346862 (paperback)
- STORY OF COMPANY, HOW IT HAS RESHAPED CHINESE TECH INDUSTRY, PLANS FOR GLOBAL DOMINATION &C &C
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 39980361