Canadian environmental sustainability indicators : greenhouse gas emissions projections
- Additional Titles:
- Greenhouse gas emissions projections
- Gatineau QC : Environment and Climate Change Canada = Environnement et changement climatique Canada, 2022.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (16 pages) : colour illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Canada. Environment and Climate Change Canada
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- "Climate change is caused by the increase in concentrations of greenhouse gases (GHGs) which trap heat in the Earth's atmosphere. These increases are primarily due to GHG emissions from human activities. Canada's actions to address climate change at home and abroad are guided by the 2015 Paris Agreement goal of holding the increase in the global average temperature to well below 2 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels, and pursuing efforts to limit the global temperature increase to 1.5 degrees Celsius. In 2021, Canada announced an enhanced target committing Canada to cut its GHG emissions by 40% to 45% below 2005 levels by 2030. To estimate future GHG emissions, Canada develops GHG projections on an annual basis, using the most up-to-date assumptions of the key drivers that influence Canada's emissions. These indicators use GHG emissions modelling to show a pathway to achieving Canada's 2030 target"--Page 5.
- Report Numbers:
- Distributed by the Government of Canada Publishing and Depository Services Program (Weekly acquisitions list 2022-35)
Issued also in French under title: Indicateurs canadiens de durabilité de l'environnement : projections des émissions de gaz à effet de serre.
"Project code: EC22011."
Issued also in HTML format.
- Other Edition:
- Gatineau QC : Environnement et changement climatique Canada = Environment and Climate Change Canada, mai 2022
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 39983910