Bakolo Music International / une production la Huit ; en coproduction avec Africolor, Fotogram et vià93 ; un film de Stéphane Jourdain
- Paris, France : Qwest TV, 2020.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (57 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Jourdain, Stéphane (Film producer), Bakolo Music International (Musical group), Huit Production, Fotogram (Organization), Vià93 (Organization), Qwest TV, and Africolor (Festival), production company
- Less known than Franco and Tabu Ley Rochereau, Bakolo Music International is nevertheless a landmark of Congolese rumba. Long headed by Wendo Kolosoy alias Papa Wendo, this respectable institution has known, for a few years, a well-deserved international success. Programmed in November 2019 at the Maison de la Musique de Nanterre, as part of the Africolor festival, the ensemble embodies, in an authentic way, one of the first pan-African musical registers.
- Medium of Performance:
- singer 1 saxophone 1 guitar 2 conga 1 bass guitar 1 6
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from title screen (viewed December 12, 2022).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Willy Makonzo Nzofu, vocals ; Michel Vula Diankatu, guitar ; Paul Mayena, saxophone ; François Landu Milandu, rhythm guitar ; Jean-Louis Kayala, bass ; Jessy Lezin Mpoutou, congas.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded live Maison de la musique de Nanterre.
View MARC record | catkey: 39988536