Joe Cocker live! / produced & directed by Gowers, Fields & Flattery Inc
- Additional Titles:
- Joe Cocker : live 1981
- Paris, France : Qwest TV, 1981.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (59 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Cocker, Joe, Gowers, Fields & Flattery (Organization), and Qwest TV
- Language Note:
- Sung in English.
- In 1981, Joe Cocker regained his taste for the stage and the covers that had made him successful. Far from the excesses of the previous decade, the present set is quite different. This is the case of "Feelin' Alright?," the track by the British rock band Traffic; "A Whiter Shade Of Pale," the ballad of pop goldsmiths Procol Harum; and "The Letter," the composition written in the 60s by Alex Chilton and the Box Tops. Supported by a solid ensemble including two backup singers, this Italian singing tour reminds us, above all, of the Plumber of Sheffield's taste for Afro-American music: soul, and of course, the blues. This characteristic is confounding when listening to the powerful "Delta Lady," or the hit "You Are So Beautiful," based on a song by the organist and close friend Billy Preston. Different from the superb musical review Mad Dogs & Englishmen (a double album to be enjoyed, if possible, in a deluxe version), but just as touching, this Italian performance announces above all the moment of the musical renaissance: the Sheffield Steel and its Caribbean swing by Sly & Robbie, and also FM hits such as "Unchain My Heart" and "You Can Leave Your Hat On." Vincent Caffiaux.
- Medium of Performance:
- singer 3 electronic keyboard 1 piano 1 electric guitar 1 electric guitar 1 bass guitar 1 drum set 1 8
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from title screen (viewed December 12, 2022).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Joe Cocker, vocals ; Mitch Chakour, guitar, piano ; Cliff Goodwin, lead guitar ; B.J. Wilson, drums ; Howie Hersh, bass ; Larry Marshall, keyboards ; Beverly Bloomfield, Maxine Green, background vocals.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded live 1981.
View MARC record | catkey: 39988588