Chakra organized acceptance and commitment therapy : treating psychosomatic conditions / Rosemary Hale
- Hale, Rosemary
- London : Routledge, 2022.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations (black and white)
- This book integrates the traditional chakra model, which provides a map-like tool for how psycho-emotional content interacts with the physical body, with current evidence-based psychological practice. As growing research highlights the impact of psychological trauma on physical health and the prevalence of medically unexplained symptoms, novel treatment approaches are required to address the unique complexities of these conditions. Drawing from humanistic psychology and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), this book presents a holistic model for treating psychosomatic disorders. Chapters focus on the basic principles of the chakra system, along with treatment orientation, values-based action, and more. This book is an essential introduction to working with the chakra system in the context of behavioral health interventions and is suitable for all healthcare professionals, in particular clinical psychologists, therapists, and counsellors.
- 9781000817607 (ePub ebook)
9781000817591 (PDF ebook)
9781003251293 (electronic bk.)
1003251293 (electronic bk.)
1. Theoretical Origins 2. Chakra Theory 3. Basic Principles of COACT 4. The Chakra System 5. Conceptualization and Change Processes 6. Treatment Orientation: Evaluation and Fostering Nonattachment 7. Somatic Awareness 8. Self-Integration 9. Values-Based Action 10. Case Examples