Harmodius and Aristogiton [electronic resource] : (From the Boston courier of April 15, 1870.) To the editor of the Courier: Having noticed your new translation of the "Harmodian melody" I send one for your critical consideration. ...
- Austin, Arthur W. (Arthur Williams), 1807-1884
- [Boston] : [publisher not identified], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page) ; 29 x 23 cm
- Related Titles:
- Boston courier (Boston, Mass. : 1824)
- Translation, preceded by introductory remarks, of Harmodius and Aristogiton, in two stanzas; first line: In myrtle concealed this sword I will bear.
Signed: A.W.A. [i.e., Arthur W. Austin]. Cedar Hill, March, 1870.
Followed by "three English translations of this famous ode," signed by Elton [i.e., Sir Charles Abraham Elton], Walsh [i.e., Edward Walsh], and D.K. Sandford.
Text in three columns; printed area measures 23.8 x 18.9 cm.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2005. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (American broadsides and ephemera. First series ; no. 12806).
View MARC record | catkey: 4013009