Croton celebration [electronic resource] : In Joint Committee on the Celebration of the Introduction of the Croton Water, Sept. 30, 1842: Resolved, that the badge submitted by W.L. Ormsby, be the badge to be worn by the members of the Common Council and their invited guests, on the day of the celebration. ...
- [New York] : [publisher not identified], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page) ; 20 x 13 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Davies, Henry E. (Henry Ebenezer), 1805-1881, Jervis, John B. (John Bloomfield), 1795-1885, Ormsby, W. L. (Waterman Lilly), 1809-1883, and Joint Committee on the Celebration of the Introduction of the Croton Water
- Signed: Henry E. Davies, chairman., Followed by a letter to Ormsby from John B. Jervis, chief engineer N.Y.W.W., stating that "the description of the Croton Aqueduct, which you have prepared for the badge to be worn at the aqueduct celebration on the 14th inst.," was accurate; a request that societies send in their orders as soon as possible for "the historical badge, published by W.L. Ormsby, 142 Nassau St. ... engraved on steel at the rate of seven letters a minute, by a machine just invented by W.L. Ormsby;" and a description of the badge "from the Journal of commerce.", Printed area measures 15.7 x 7.9 cm., Not in Checklist Amer. imprints., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2005. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (American broadsides and ephemera. First series ; no. 5999).
View MARC record | catkey: 4014729