Reply to "Civis'" Statement relative to the Metropolitan Railroad Company [electronic resource] : A lengthy article recently appeared in the Traveller, signed "Civis," in which are many statements reflecting on the character of this project, and evidently designed to prejudice the public mind. A distorted account is also given of the recent hearing of the abuttors, before the Board of Aldermen, which I wish to correct. ...
- Civis. Statement relative to the Metropolitan Railroad Company
- Metropolitan Railroad Co. (Boston, Mass.)
- Massachusetts. General Court
- Railroads—New York (State)—New York
- Horse railroads—Massachusetts—Boston
- Railroads and state—Massachusetts
- Railroads and state—New York (State)—New York
- Boston (Mass.)—Politics and government
- New York (N.Y.)—Politics and government
- Related Titles:
- Plan of a part of New York and Brooklyn, representing the street railways, of those cities, 1855
- Defending the position of the Metropolitan Railroad Company in various disputes and litigation over the location of track for the Metropolitan Railroad, a Boston horse railroad incorporated by the Massachusetts General Court in May 1853. Includes references to similar railroads operating in New York City. Cf. Civis. Statement relative to the Metropolitan Railroad Company, Boston, 1855.
Followed by: An act to incorporate the Metropolitan Railroad Company [and] An act in addition to the Act to incorporate the Metropolitian Railroad Company ... March 15, 1854.
"Plan of a part of New York and Brooklyn, representing the street railways, of those cities, 1855."--p. .
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2005. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (American broadsides and ephemera. First series ; no. 9221).
View MARC record | catkey: 4015029