To the women of the prairies [electronic resource] : The North-western Sanitary Commission, in connection with the Soldiers' Home and Rest, has decided to inaugurate a Mammoth Sanitary Fair, to fill our treasury, and give $25,000 to the Soldiers' Home, as you are advised by this bulletin. ...
- Corporate Author:
- United States Sanitary Commission. Northwestern Branch
- [Chicago] : [publisher not identified], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page) ; 21 x 13 cm
- Additional Creators:
- McCagg, E. B. (Ezra Butler), 1825-1908
- Signed: E.B. McCagg, president. E.W. Blatchford, treasurer.
The concept of holding a "Mammoth Sanitary Fair" to benefit both the Northwestern Sanitary Commission and the Soldiers' Home and Soldiers' Rest at Chicago was first proposed in October, 1864. The resulting Northwestern Sanitary Fair was held at Chicago May 30-June 24, 1865. Cf. Henshaw, S.E. Our branch and its tributaries; being a history of the work of the Northwestern Sanitary Commission ... Chicago, 1868, p. 279-280.
Printed area measures 10.5 x 9.7 cm.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2005. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (American broadsides and ephemera. First series ; no. 11913).
View MARC record | catkey: 4018140