The St. Thomas Treaty [electronic resource] : An editorial article, translated from the Copenhagen "Dagbladet" of Saturday, April 24th, 1869. The return of General Raasloff from Washington offers a proper occasion for discussing the unsettled matter between Denmark and the United States ...
- [Washington, D.C.?] : [publisher not identified], 
- Physical Description:
- 4 unnumbered pages ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Congress (40th : 1867-1869) and United States. Congress (41st, 1st session : 1869)
- Related Titles:
- Dagbladet (Copenhagen, Denmark) and Saint Thomas Treaty
- Concerning the U.S. Senate's failure to ratify a treaty concluded on Oct. 24, 1867, by which Denmark would sell the islands of St. Thomas and St. John to the United States for $7,500,000. The editorial calls attention to the "painful position" in which Denmark has been placed by this inaction, and urges that the necessary steps be taken for the consummation of the treaty before the agreed upon expiration date of Oct. 15, 1869. The Senate ultimately failed to ratify the treaty., Caption title., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2005. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (American broadsides and ephemera. First series ; no. 12760).
View MARC record | catkey: 4019601