Read and circulate!! [electronic resource] : Hon. A.H. Stephens, of Ga., on know-nothingism. (From the Chronicle and sentinel.).
- Stephens, Alexander H. (Alexander Hamilton), 1812-1883
- [Augusta, Ga.?] : [publisher not identified], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (2 unnumbered pages) ; 48 x 31 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Thomas, Thomas W., -1864
- Related Titles:
- Hon. A.H. Stephens, of Ga., on know-nothingism
- A letter from Alexander H. Stephens, dated Crawfordville, Ga., 9th May, 1855, in reply to a letter from his longtime friend, Thomas W. Thomas, dated Elberton, Ga., 5th May, 1855, requesting Stephens' "opinions and views of this new party, called Know Nothings."
Parentheses substituted for square brackets in title transcription.
Signed on p. 2: Alexander H. Stephens.
In addition to the Chronicle and sentinel, Augusta, Ga., Stephens' letter was also "prominently published in every important state paper." Cf. Schott, T.E. Alexander H. Stephens of Georgia, 1988, p. 185.
Text printed in three columns.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2005. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (American broadsides and ephemera. First series ; no. 9414).
View MARC record | catkey: 4019662