To the mayors of cities, towns and villages; presidents or heads of universities, colleges, academies and schools; presidents of societies, masters of lodges, captains of military companies, heads of other institutions and associations, divines, physicians, lawyers, and editors, throughout the Union [electronic resource] : We have been commissioned, by "the Southern matron [i.e., Ann P. Cunningham]", to make an earnest appeal to all and each of you, to come up promptly and efficiently to the help of the "Ladies' Mount Vernon Association of the Union", in the great and patriotic work of the purchase and consecration of Mount Vernon, as the perpetual shrine of Washington and the Mecca of America. ...
- [Charleston, S.C.] : [Published by A.S. Willington & Co.], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page) ; 27 x 18 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Cunningham, Ann Pamela, 1816-1875 and Mount Vernon Ladies' Association of the Union
- Related Titles:
- Charleston daily courier (Charleston, S.C.)
- Signed: Charleston courier, June, 1857., The Charleston daily courier was published by A.S. Willington & Co. in 1857., Printed area measures 22.4 x 14.2 cm., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2005. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (American broadsides and ephemera. First series ; no. 9953).
View MARC record | catkey: 4019947