To the stockholders of the Providence and Worcester Railroad [electronic resource] : The following statement was handed the Committee for Investigating the Affairs and Management of the Providence and Worcester Railroad, by H.N. Slater, former president, and now one of the executive committee (for the management of said road), in behalf of himself and the present officers of the road, at their meeting held Jan. 25, 1862. Read it gentlemen for yourselves! This is the present policy of the road, as laid down by one of its principal officers. ...
- [Providence?] : [publisher not identified], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page) ; 44 x 27 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Slater, Horatio Nelson, 1808-1888, Stockholder, Providence and Worcester Railroad Company, and Rhode Island. General Assembly. Committee for Investigating the Affairs and Management of the Providence and Worcester Railroad
- Providence and Worcester Railroad Company
- Rhode Island. General Assembly. House of Representatives. Committeefor Investigating the Affairs and Management of the Providence and Worcester Railroad
- Railroads—Rhode Island
- Railroads—Freight—Rates—Rhode Island
- Freight and freightage—Rates—Rhode Island
- Freight and freightage—Rates—Massachusetts
- Introductory remarks, followed by "Considerations for the committee in regard to the cost of carrying freight," by Horatio N. Slater, and "It appears by the above, that it costs more to carry the freight half way, say 22 miles, than it does to carry it 44 miles ..." signed "A stockholder. February 1, 1862.", Text in two columns; printed area measures 37.9 x 22.7 cm., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2005. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (American broadsides and ephemera. First series ; no. 11342).
View MARC record | catkey: 4019972