A Full and complete description of the Fairmount Water Works including the old works at Chesnut Street, from the years 1799 to 1840 ... Also, the name, location, date of establishment, and number of members belonging to the Fire Department of Philadelphia. ... a list of the Board of Control, its officers and directors, as also the officers, physicians and surgeons of the Philadelphia Association for the Relief of Disabled Firemen &c. &c [electronic resource] / Compiled by Enoch E. Camp, and dedicated to Frederick Graff, Esq. superintendent of the Fairmount Water Works, and to the Fire Department of Philadelphia
- [Philadelphia] : [publisher not identified], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page) ; 37 x 47 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Camp, Enoch E. (Enoch Ely), 1809-1853 and Graff, Frederick, 1774-1847
- Primarily identifying the numerous private volunteer fire companies and Board of Control which formed the Fire Department of Philadelphia, and which would become part of the city's municipal fire department in Jan. 1855. Although the American Antiquarian Society copy appears to be complete, there is very little information on the Fairmount Water Works., At foot, in square brackets: Entered according to an act of Congress--March 1840--by E.E. Camp., "Price 12 1/2 cents single, or eight dollars per hundred.", Printed area measures 35.5 x 45.6 cm., Not in Checklist Amer. imprints., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2005. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (American broadsides and ephemera. First series ; no. 5667).
View MARC record | catkey: 4021671