Legend of the Irish conspiracy of 1641 [electronic resource] : Whereas the miserable legend of the Irish conspiracy in 1641, has found admission into nearly all the histories of the British dominions, as if it were authentic ... and whereas this has been irrefragably proved in a "Review of the evidence of the pretended general conspiracy of the Roman Catholics of Ireland, to massacre all the Protestants that would not join with them, on the 23d of October, 1641" ... Therefore resolved, that we, the subscribers, do hereby subscribe and pay one dollar each for the publication of an edition of the abovesaid Review, for which dollar the publisher engages to furnish each subscriber with thirty copies of the work. This paper, with the amount of the subscription, to be returned to Eugene Cummiskey, no. 130, South Sixth Street, Philadelphia, who will immediately forward the number of copies ordered. ...
- [Philadelphia] : [Published by Eugene Cummiskey], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page) ; 25 x 20 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Conwell, Henry, 1748-1842
- Related Titles:
- Whereas the miserable legend of the Irish conspiracy in 1641 ...
- Subscription form for Mathew Carey's Review of the evidence of the legendary tale of a general conspiracy of the Roman Catholics of Ireland ... 1833, first published in 1823 with title Review of the evidence of the pretended general conspiracy of the Roman Catholics of Ireland ...
Signed: Philadelphia, March 9, 1833. ... We approve the above plan, and recommend it to the patronage of all who feel interested in the character of Ireland and Irishmen. Right Rev. Henry Conwell, Bishop of Philadelphia [and four others].
A similar prospectus, dated March 7, 1833, lacks caption title "Legend of the Irish conspiracy of 1641."
Printed area measures 17.8 x 9.8 cm.
Not in Checklist Amer. imprints.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2005. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (American broadsides and ephemera. First series ; no. 4508).
View MARC record | catkey: 4021987