The committee of both branches of the City Council, to whom was referred the communication of the mayor [electronic resource] : relative to the extraordinary distresses and desolation, which have occurred, by fire, in the towns of Wiscasset and Alna, in the state of Maine, and to whom was referred the circular transmitted by the selectment and committees of those towns ... respectfully report ...
- Corporate Author:
- Boston (Mass.). City Council
- [Boston] : [publisher not identified], 
- Physical Description:
- 4 unnumbered pages ; 26 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Quincy, Josiah, 1772-1864, Rice, Warren, 1783-, and Johnson, Samuel, 1792-1836
- Related Titles:
- Circular. The undersigned, committees appointed by the towns of Wiscasset and Alna ...
- "Recommended to the several religious societies of this city [i.e., Boston], to cause a public contribution, for the relief of those suffering towns, to be made on the next sabbath, and that subscription papers be placed in the different insurance offices, inviting our fellow citizens to subscribe for that purpose ..."
Signed: For the committee. Josiah Quincy, mayor.
Followed on p. [2-3] by: Circular. The undersigned, committees appointed by the towns of Wiscasset and Alna, to address the charitable and humane in behalf of the unfortunate, have the honor to communicate to you a circular, to be laid before the citizens of your place for their consideration. ... Wiscasset, September 9, 1823. Committee of Wiscasset. W. Rice [and nine others]. Committee of Alna. Samuel Johnson [and nine others]. (Cf. Shoemaker 14955).
Not in Shoemaker.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2005. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (American broadsides and ephemera. First series ; no. 2710).
View MARC record | catkey: 4023229