Mrs. Burritt's defence of her husband [electronic resource] : First published in the Southern recorder, Milledgeville, Geo. August 14, 1830
- Burritt, Ann W.
- [United States] : [publisher not identified], [1830?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page) : illustrations (relief cuts) ; 43 x 32 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Grantland, Seaton, 1782-1864 and Orme, Richard McAllister, 1797-1869
- Concerning the conflict between Elijah H. Burritt and John G. Polhill, his former partner who charged that Burritt had distributed incendiary pamphlets written by David Walker, a Negro abolitionist. Addressed to the "Messrs. Editors" of the Southern recorder, Seaton Grantland and Richard M. Orme, and signed by Ann W. Burritt. For further account of the affair see Bonner, J.C. Milledgeville, 1978, p. 60., Printed area, including arched ornamental border, measures 37.6 x 30.0 cm., Not in Checklist Amer. imprints., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2005. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (American broadsides and ephemera. First series ; no. 3822).
View MARC record | catkey: 4023283