Hornet & Peacock [electronic resource] : and Battle of Plat-te-bug
- [Boston] : Sold wholesale and retail [by Leonard Deming], corner of Merchant's Row and Market Square, (up stairs,)--Boston, [between 1829 and 1831]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page) ; 22 x 19 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Hawkins, Micah, 1777-1825
- Related Titles:
- Boyne water (Tune)
Battle of Plat-te-bug."
Battle of the Peacock and Hornet
- Two songs.
Hornet & Peacock, variously titled "Battle of the Peacock and Hornet (cf. Shaw & Shoemaker 30591)," first lines: Ye Demo's attend and ye Federals too, I'll sing you a song that you all know is true.
Battle of Plat-te-bug (tune--Boyn water), first line: Back side Albany stan' Lake Champlain.
"Battle of Plat-te-bug," variously titled "The Siege of Plattsburgh," and "Backside Albany," was written by Micah Hawkins.
Leonard Deming was at this address, also given as no. 1 south side of Faneuil Hall, from 1829 to 1831.
Text in two columns; printed area measures 18.9 x 14.4 cm.
Not in Shoemaker.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2005. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (American broadsides and ephemera. First series ; no. 3627).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Ford, W.C. Broadsides, 3174
View MARC record | catkey: 4023801