The Hungry army [electronic resource] : Air--"Captain Jinks.["].
- [Philadelphia] : Johnson, song pub. stationer and printer, no. 7 North Tenth St., Philadelphia, Pa., [between 1862 and 1876]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page) ; 20 x 13 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Maclagan, T. (Tom), 1827-1902
- Song in four stanzas; first lines: When I was young and in my prime, I thought I'd go and join the line.
J.H. Johnson is listed at this address in Philadelphia directories for 1858 and 1859, and 1863 through 1876.
Music to Captain Jinks of the Horse Marines first published in 1862. Attributed to T. Maclagan in Spaeth, Sigmund. A history of popular music, 1948, p. 131.
Printed area measures 16.8 x 9.4 cm.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2005. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (American broadsides and ephemera. First series ; no. 788).
View MARC record | catkey: 4025162