Happy land of Canaan [electronic resource] : as sung by W.N. Smith. Of Van Amburgh's Menagerie
- Wray, Wm. A. (William A.), -1866?
- [New York] : J, Wrigley. Publisher, of songs, ballad's [sic], and toy books, conversation, age, and small playing cards, alphabet wood blocks, valentines, motto verses, and cut mott paper &c. No. 27 Chatham Street. (Opposite City Hall Park) New York, [1860?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page) : illustrations ; 23 x 15 cm
- Song in four stanzas; first line: White folks attention, a song I'll sing to you.
At head of title: No. 307.
By Wm. A. Wray; sheet music copyright 1860, does not include second verse on balloon ascent at the Crystal Palace. See the Lester S. Levy collection of sheet music, online.
Series number and textual reference to the Harper's Ferry insurrection suggest publication date in 1860.
Printed area, including ornamental border described in Library Company of Philadelphia, American song sheets (1963), as "Wrigley horned imp," measures 22.0 x 13.4 cm.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2005. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (American broadsides and ephemera. First series ; no. 717).
View MARC record | catkey: 4025484