Pulling hard against the stream [electronic resource].
- Clifton, Harry, 1832-1872
- [Philadelphia] : Johnson, song pub. stationer and printer, no. 7 North Tenth St., Philadelphia, Pa., [between 1858 and 1876]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page) ; 20 x 13 cm
- Song in four stanzas; first line: In the world I've gained my knowledge.
By Harry Clifton. See the Lester S. Levy collection of sheet music, online.
Transcribed imprint from head of title. At foot: J H. Johnson, card & job printer, no. 7 North Tenth Street, three doors above Market, Philadelphia. Cards, circulars, bill-heads, posters, labels,--ball, raffle, excursion and party tickets,--programmes, ladies' invitations, checks &c., neatly printed, with accuracy and dispatch. Open in the evening until 9 o'clock.
J.H. Johnson is listed at this address in Philadelphia directories for 1858 and 1859, and 1863 through 1876.
"By sending Johnson 10 cts., he will send you the music for this song."
Period substituted for comma in title transcription.
Printed area measures 16.8 x 9.5 cm.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2005. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (American broadsides and ephemera. First series ; no. 1632).
View MARC record | catkey: 4025863