Rosalie the prairie flower [electronic resource].
- Root, George F. (George Frederick), 1820-1895
- [New York] : H. De Marsan. Dealer in songs, toy-books &c. no. 54 Chatham St., N.Y., [between 1861 and 1863]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page) : illustrations ; 26 x 17 cm
- Song in three stanzas; first line: On the distant prairie, where the heather wild.
Written by George Frederick Root, and copyright 1855. See sheet music cataloged in RLIN.
In the imprint, which forms part of the stereotyped border, the original address, 38 Chatham St., has been altered to 54 Chatham St. by cutting out a small section of the plate and inserting two type pieces. Henry De Marsan is listed at 54 Chatham St. in New York City directories for 1861 through 1863.
Printed area, including illustrated border described in Library Company of Philadelphia, American song sheets (1963), as "De Marsan kissing cupids," measures 22.2 x 13.7 cm.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2005. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (American broadsides and ephemera. First series ; no. 1687).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Lib. Company. Amer. song sheets, 2032b
View MARC record | catkey: 4025943