On yonder rock reclining [electronic resource].
- Scribe, Eugène, 1791-1861
- [Philadelphia] : [Published by A.W. Auner, N.E. corner 11th and Market Streets], [between 1865 and 1874]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page) ; 21+ x 13+ cm
- Additional Creators:
- Lacy, M. Rophino (Michael Rophino), 1795-1867
- Song in three stanzas; first lines: On yonder rock reclining, that fierce and swarthy form behold!, From D.F.E. Auber's opera, Fra Diavolo (1831). Original libretto in French, by Eugène Scribe; translated by M. Rophino Lacy., The American Antiquarian Society copy is trimmed to border with loss of imprint, which is supplied from Library Company of Philadelphia, American song sheets (1963), no. 1749b., Alfred W. Auner is listed at this address in Philadelphia directories for 1865 through 1874., At foot: Music of this song to be obtained at G. Andre & Co's music store, no. 1104 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia., Printed area, including ornamental border, measures 20.1+ x 12.4+ cm., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2005. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (American broadsides and ephemera. First series ; no. 1481).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Lib. Company. Amer. song sheets, 1749b
View MARC record | catkey: 4025981