We are for the Union [electronic resource] : Air: Gay and happy. : Revised and printed expressly for the public schools. Respectfully dedicated to Wheelock M. Gardner, Esq., Brooklyn, New York
- Sutherland, William
- [New York] : 500 illustrated ballads, lithographed and printed by Charles Magnus. No. 12 Frankfort Street, New York. Branch office: no. 520 7th St., Washington, D.C., [1863 or 1864]
- Physical Description:
- 4 unnumbered pages : illustrations ; 21 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Gardner, Wheelock M., approximately 1836-1886 and Magnus, Charles
- Related Titles:
- Gay and happy (Tune)
- Song in four stanzas on illustrated letter paper; first line: Our flag and the Union; in the North is the cry., A broadside edition published at Philadelphia by J.H. Johnson (Library Company of Philadelphia, American song sheets, 1963, no. 2513d) names William Sutherland as author., Charles Magnus published as an individual at 12 Frankfort St., New York, between 1860 and 1867. Works which also include Washington, D.C. imprint were published about 1863 and 1864., Noted in at least seven issues with different lithographed illustrations at head. This issue has an illustration of Columbia holding a trident, next to an American flag and shield., Pages [1-4] ruled., Text printed in blue., Another variant of Lib. Company. Amer. song sheets, no. 2513f., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2005. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (American broadsides and ephemera. First series ; no. 2131).
View MARC record | catkey: 4026451