Dream of Bonaparte [electronic resource].
- Uniform Title:
- Dream of Napoleon
- [Philadelphia?] : [publisher not identified], [between 1860 and 1869?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page) : 1 portrait ; 19+ x 12+ cm
- Song in four stanzas; first line: One night, sad and languid, I went to my bed.
All of the many editions in the Bodleian Library broadside ballads collection have title Dream of Napoleon.
The American Antiquarian Society copy is trimmed to within border. Ornamental border suggests publication at Philadelphia by A.W. Auner or J.H. Johnson. Border also used by publisher Thomas G. Doyle at Baltimore. Imprint date suggested by typography.
Printed area, including ornamental border, measures 18.5+ x 11.1+ cm.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2005. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (American broadsides and ephemera. First series ; no. 424).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Lib. Company. Amer. song sheets, 523
View MARC record | catkey: 4026976