Plymouth Sunday School [electronic resource] : Children's parting hymn. (The following hymn, written by one of the officers of Plymouth Sunday School, has been sung by the children, on the occasion of their annual closing exercises in the summer, for several years part.) : Tune--"Shining shore."
- Tilton, Theodore, 1835-1907
- Uniform Title:
- Children's parting hymn
- [Brooklyn, N.Y.] : [publisher not identified], [between 1853 and 1873?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page) : music ; 25 x 20 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Plymouth Church (Brooklyn, New York, N.Y.). Sunday School
- Related Titles:
- Shining shore (Tune)
- Song in five numbered stanzas; first line: The year's last song, and then we part!
Parentheses substituted for square brackets in the title transcription.
Signed: Theodore Tilton.
Tilton was a member of the Plymouth Congregational Church in Brooklyn Heights from 1853 until he was dismissed in 1873. See American National Biography (1999).
The American Antiquarian Society copy has papermakers' embossed stamp, "O & H" [i.e., Owen & Hurlbut].
Text in two columns, printed area measures 21.9 x 16.4 cm.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2005. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (American broadsides and ephemera. First series ; no. 24322).
View MARC record | catkey: 4040117