Narrative of a journey to the site of Babylon in 1811 : now first published : memoir on the ruins ... remarks on the topography of ancient Babylon by Major Rennell ; in reference to the Memoir : second memoir on the ruins ; in reference to Major Rennell's remarks : with narrative of a journey to Persepolis / by Claudius James Rich ; edited by his widow
- Rich, Claudius James, 1787-1821
- Additional Titles:
- Half title: Babylon and Persepolis
- London : Duncan and Malcolm, 1839.
- Physical Description:
- xv, xlvii, 324 pages, XXVI [i.e. 25] plates on 44 unnumbered leaves : illustrations, 2 plans (1 folded) ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Rich, Claudius James, 1787-1821 and Rennell, James, 1742-1830
- Nineteen of the plates are engravings printed on full sheets, center-folded and bound to form thirty-eight leaves. "Plate XI" is an in-text illustration on p. 240. and Rare Books copy 2 trimmed in leather binding with several plates tipped in in wrong order.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Rare Books copies 1 and 2: Gift of the estate of Professor Frederick R. Matson (1912-2007); 20078.
View MARC record | catkey: 4042384