Wicked : the life and times of the Wicked Witch of the West : a novel / Gregory Maguire ; illustrations by Douglas Smith
- Maguire, Gregory
- New York, NY : Harper, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 538 pages : illustrations, maps ; 17 cm
- Prologue : on the Yellow Brick Road -- I. Munchkinlanders -- The root of evil -- The clock of the time dragon -- The birth of a witch -- Maladies and remedies -- The quadling glassblower - Geographies of the seen and the unseen -- Child's play -- Darkness abroad -- II. Gillikin -- Galinda -- Bog -- The charmed circle -- III. The city of emeralds -- IV. In the Vinkus -- The voyage out -- The Jasper Gates of Kiamo Ko -- Uprising -- V. The murder and its afterlife.
- A fable for adults on the subject of destiny and free will by a writer of children's books. It tells the story of Elphaba before she became the Wicked Witch of the West in the land of Oz. The novel traces her career as nun, nurse, pro-democracy activist and animal rights defender.
- 9780061350962 (pbk.)
- "First Harper paperback printing: October 2007. First ReganBooks trade paperback printing: November 1996. First ReganBooks hardcover printing: October 1995"--T.p. verso.
View MARC record | catkey: 4044400