The treatment of criminal offenders : a history / Michael Dow Burkhead
- Burkhead, Michael Dow, 1946-
- Jefferson, N.C. : McFarland, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- vii, 208 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- The principal issues -- Treatment and punishment : a brief history of the American prison -- The history of biologically based treatment -- The history of psychologically based treatment -- The state of the science : cognitive behavioral intervention -- The principles of effective intervention -- The treatment of special populations -- Faith-based programs -- The science of sin : correctional treatment in the 21st century.
- "This discussion of the treatment of criminal offenders explores the trends in public opinion that influence crime prevention efforts, create public policy and reform criminal law. The work discusses core issues in the study of punishment"--Provided by publisher.
- 9780786430208 (softcover : alk. paper)
0786430206 (softcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 181-200) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4044587