Management of Prader-Willi syndrome / Merlin G. Butler, Phillip D.K. Lee, Barbara Y. Whitman, editors
- Additional Titles:
- Management of Prader Willi syndrome
- New York : Springer-Verlag, 
- Copyright Date:
- 3rd ed.
- Physical Description:
- xxiii, 550 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Butler, Merlin Gene, 1952-, Lee, Phillip D. K., Whitman, Barbara Y., and Prader-Willi Syndrome Association
- Clinical findings and natural history of Prader-Willi syndrome / Merlin G. Butler, Jeanne M. Hanchett, and Travis Thompson -- Diagnostic criteria for Prader-Willi syndrome / Shawn E. McCandless and Suzanne B. Cassidy -- Molecular genetic findings in Prader-Willi syndrome / Karin Buiting and Bernhard Horsthemke -- Laboratory testing for Prader-Willi syndrome / Kristin G. Monaghan and Daniel L. Van Dyke -- Medical considerations in Prader-Willi syndrome / Urs Eiholzer and Phillip D.K. Lee -- Gastrointestinal system, obesity, and body composition / Ann O. Scheimann, Phillip D.K.Lee, and Kenneth J. Ellis -- Growth hormone and Prader-Willi syndrome / Aaron L. Carrel, Phillip D.K. Lee, and Harriette R. Mogul -- Neurodevelopmental and neuropsychological aspects of Prader-Willi syndrome / Barbara Y. Whitman and Travis Thompson -- Speech and language disorders associated with Prader-Willi syndrome / Barbara A. Lewis -- Motor and developmental interventions / Toni Goelz -- Educational considerations for children with Prader-Willi syndrome / Naomi Chedd, Karen Levine, and Robert H. Wharton -- Tools for psychological and behavioral management / Barbara Y. Whitman and Kevin Jackson -- Educational and social issues for adolescents with Prader-Willi syndrome / Barbara J. Goff -- Transition from adolescence to young adulthood: the special case of Prader-Willi syndrome / Ellie Kazemi and Robert M. Hodapp -- and Vocational training for people with Prader-Willi syndrome / Steve Drago -- Residential care for adults with Prader-Willi syndrome / Mary K. Ziccardi -- Inpatient crisis intervention for persons with Prader-Willi syndrome / Linda M. Gourash, James E. Hanchett, and Janice L. Forster -- Social work interventions: advocacy and support for families / Barbara Y. Whitman -- A national approach to crisis intervention and advocacy / David A. Wyatt -- Advocacy issues: school discipline and expulsion / Barbara J. Goff -- Advocacy issues: sexuality / Janalee Heinemenn, David A. Wyatt, and Barbara J. Goff.
- 9780387253978 (alk. paper)
0387253971 (alk. paper)
- "Under the sponsorship of the Prader-Willi Syndrome Association."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4045981