Psalmes, sonets, & songs of sadnes and pietie, made into musicke of fiue parts [microform] : whereof, some of them going abroad among diuers, in vntrue coppies, are heere truely corrected, and th [sic] other being songs very rare & newly composed, are heere published, for the recreation of all such as delight in musick / by William Byrd ...
- Byrd, William, 1539 or 1540-1623
- Uniform Title:
- Psalmes, sonets, and songs. 1588
- [London] : Printed by Thomas East, the assigne of W. Byrd, and are to be sold at the dwelling house of the said T. East, by Paules wharfe, 1588.
- Physical Description:
- 5 parts
- "Cum priuilegio Regis Maiestatis."
Each part has special t.p.
Each t.p. contains illustration.
For superius, medius, tenor, contratenor, and bassus.
Identified as STC 4253 at reel 413:5.
Imperfect: reel 413: Superius: lacking quire G. Contratenor: lacking quire G, all before B4.
Place of imprint suggested by NUC pre-1956 imprints.
Reproductions of originals in the Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery (reel 413) and University of London. Library (reel 1773).
Signatures: [A]² B-F⁴ G², ²[A]² ²B-F⁴ ²G², ³[A]² ³B-F⁴ ³G², ⁴[A]² ⁴B-F⁴ ⁴G², ⁵[A]² ⁵B-F⁴ ⁵G².
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1950, 1983. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 413:5 and 1773:13)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 4253.7
View MARC record | catkey: 4046164