The Bible [microform] : that is, the Holy Scriptures conteined in the Old and New Testament. Translated according to the Ebrew and Greeke, and conferred with the best translations in divers languages. With most profitable annotations upon all hard places, and other things of great importance
- Uniform Title:
- Bible. English Geneva
- Additional Titles:
- New Testament of our Lord Iesus Christ, New Testament of our Lord Jesus Christ, and This second part of the Bible, conteineth these bookes
- Imprinted at London [i.e. Amsterdam] : By the deputies of Christopher Barker, printer to the Queenes most excellent Majestie [i.e. Jan Fredericksz Stam], 1599 [i.e. after 1640?]
- Physical Description:
- 4 unnumbered pages, 190; 127 pages, 2 unnumbered pages; 121 pages, 11 unnumbered leaves : illustrations, maps
- Additional Creators:
- Gilby, Anthony, approximately 1510-1585, Junius, Franciscus, 1545-1602, Sampson, Thomas, 1517?-1589, Tomson, Laurence, 1539-1608, and Whittingham, William, -1579
- "The New Testament of our Lord Iesus Christ" has separate dated title page, foliation and register., Issued with "The booke of Psalmes" (STC 2499.5)., Reproduction of the original in the Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery., The Geneva version of the Old Testament, translated by William Whittingham, Anthony Gilby, Thomas Sampson, and perhaps others (lacking the Apocrypha), with Laurence Tomson's revision of the Geneva version of the New Testament and his translation of Franciscus Junius' translation of Revelation., The imprint is false; actual printer's name supplied and publication date conjectured by STC., The second part of the Old Testament has separate divisional title, foliation and register., This edition has "seven #5FD\ and twenty provinces" in Esther I, 1., Title within a woodcut frame. With an additional title page with no woodcut frame., and ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1984. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1651:2).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Darlow & Moule (Rev. 1968), 254. and Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 2178.
View MARC record | catkey: 4048076