The perpetual gouernement of Christes Church [microform] : Wherein are handled; the fatherly superioritie which God first established in the patriarkes for the guiding of his Church, and after continued in the tribe of Leui and the prophetes; and lastlie confirmed in the New Testament to the Apostles and their successours: as also the points in question at this day; touching the Iewish Synedrion: the true kingdome of Christ: the Apostles commission: the laie presbyterie: the distinction of bishops from presbyters, and their succcssion [sic] from the Apostles times and hands: the calling and moderating of prouinciall synodes by primates and metropolitanes: the alloting of diœceses, and the popular electing of such as must feed and watch the flocke: and diuers other points concerning the pastorall regiment of the house of God; by Tho. Bilson Warden of Winchester Colledge. Perused and allowed publike authoritie
- Bilson, Thomas, 1546 or 1547-1616
- Additional Titles:
- Perpetual governement of Christes Church, Perpetuall gouernement of Christes Church, and Perpetuall governement of Christes Church
- Imprinted at London : By the deputies of Christopher Barker, printer to the Queenes most excellent Maiestie, An. Dom. 1593.
- Physical Description:
- 28 unnumbered pages, 414 pages, 2 unnumbered pages
- Reproduction of the original in the British Library., Running title reads: The perpetuall gouernement of Christes Church., The last leaf is blank., and ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1962. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 914:01).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 3065.
View MARC record | catkey: 4048204