A defence of the godlie ministers, against the slaunders of D. Bridges, contayned in his ansvvere to the preface before the discourse of ecclesiasticall gouernement [microform] : with a declaration of the bishops proceeding against them. Wherein chieflie, 1 The lawfull authoritie of her Maiestie is defended by the Scriptures, her lawes, and authorised interpretation of them, to be the same which we haue affirmed, against his cauilles and slaunders to the contrarie. 2 The lawfull refusinge also of the ministers to subscribe, is maintayned by euident groundes of Gods worde, and her Maiesties lawes, against his euident wresting of both. 3 Lastlie, the forme of Church-gouernement, which we propounde, is according to his demaunde sillogisticallie proued to be ordinarie, perpetuall, and the best
- Fenner, Dudley, 1558?-1587
- [Middelburg] : [Richard Schilders], 1587.
- Physical Description:
- 4 unnumbered pages, 150 pages, 2 unnumbered pages
- A reply to: Bridges, John. A defence of the government established in the Church of Englande for ecclesiasticall matters., By Dudley Fenner., Publication place and printer's name from STC., Reproduction of the original in the Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery., Unpaginated up to p. 49., With a final errata leaf., and ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1944. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 224:09).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 10771.
View MARC record | catkey: 4048246