The perpetual gouernment of Christs Church [microform] : Wherein are handled, the fatherly superioritie which God first established in the patriarkes for the guiding of his Church, and after continued in the tribe of Leui and the prophets; and lastly confirmed in the New Testament to the Apostles and their successors: as also the points in question at this day, touching the Iewish Synedrion: the true kingdome of Christ: the Apostles commission: the lay presbyterie: the distinction of bishops from presbyters, and their succession from the Apostles times and hands: the calling and moderating of prouinciall synodes by primates and metropolitanes: the alloting of diœceses, and the popular electing of such as must feede and watch the flock: and diuers other points concerning the pastorall regiment of the house of God: by Tho. Bilson Warden of Winchester College. Perused and allowed by publike authority
- Bilson, Thomas, 1546 or 1547-1616
- Additional Titles:
- Perpetual governement of Christes Church and Perpetuall government of Christs Church
- London : Printed [by W. Hall] for Thomas Adams, 1610.
- Physical Description:
- 28 unnumbered pages, 414 pages, 2 unnumbered pages
- Printer's name from STC.
Reproduction of the original in Cambridge University Library.
The last leaf is blank.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1955. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 623:08).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 3066.
View MARC record | catkey: 4048253