A godlye and learned treatise [microform] : wherein is proued the true iustificacion of a Christian manne to come frely of the mercy of god in Christ, without the deseruyng of man by his merites: and also how good workes oughte to bee done [and] what be true good works in dede. Whereunto is ioyned a co[n]ference betwene the law and the gospel, very profitable for al men to exercise themselues therin
- Werdmüller, O.
- Uniform Title:
- Vom höchsten artikel. English
- Additional Titles:
- Iustification of a Christian, Justification of a Christian, Mirrour of glasse, wheryn all men may behold their own condemnacyon by the law of Gode, and Vom höchsten artikel
- [Wesel?] : [H. Singleton?], [1555?]
- Physical Description:
- 96 unnumbered leaves
- Additional Creators:
- Coverdale, Miles, 1488-1568
- A translation, by Miles Coverdale, of Otto Werdmüller's Vom höchsten artikel.
Imprint from STC.
In two parts.
Part 1 running title reads: The iustification of a Christian.
Part 2 has caption title, reading: A mirrour or glasse, wheryn all men may behold their own condemnacyon by the law of Gode.
Print faded and show-through; pages marked and stained.
Reproduction of original in the British Library.
Signatures: [hand] A-L.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1965. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1040:09).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 24219.
View MARC record | catkey: 4048257