An ansvver to the deuillish detection of Stephane Gardiner, Bishoppe of Wynchester [microform] : published to the intent that such as be desirous of the truth should not be seduced by hys errours, nor the blind [et] obstinate excused by ignorance Compiled by. A.G.
- Gilby, Anthony, approximately 1510-1585
- Additional Titles:
- Answer to the deuillishe detection
Answer to the devillish detection of Stephane Gardiner, Bishoppe of Wynchester
Answer to the devillishe detection
Deuillishe detection. The answer to the
Devillishe detection. The answer to the
- [London?] : [Printed by S. Mierdman for John Day], Anno. 1547 [i.e. 1548?] the. 24. of Ianuary.
- Physical Description:
- lxxii, lxxii-Clxxxxix, Clxxxxii-CCx [i.e. CCxi] 6 unnumbered leaves
- A reply to: Gardiner, Stephen. A detection of the Devils sophistrie.
A.G. = Anthony Gilby.
At foot of title: In the viii. leafe i. page and xiiii. line: for siame mne, reade, same mine.
Leaf CCxi misnumbered CCx.
Printer's and publisher's names supplied and publication place and year conjectured by STC.
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
Running title reads: Deuillishe detection. The answer to the. [sic].
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1939. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 50:01).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 11884.
View MARC record | catkey: 4049205