A shorte treatise vpon the Turkes chronicles, compyled by Paulus Iouius byshop of Nucerne, and dedicated to Charles the. v. Emperour. Drawen oute of the Italyen tong in to Latyne, by Franciscus Niger Bassianates. And translated out of Latyne into englysh by Peter Ashton ... [microform].
- Giovio, Paolo, 1483-1552
- Uniform Title:
- Commentario delle cose de' Turchi. English
- Additional Titles:
- Commentario delle cose de' Turchi and Turkyshe chronicles
- [Imprinted at London] : [In Fletestrete at the signe of the Sunne ouer agaynst the conduyte by Edvvarde VVhitchurche], [The. xii. day of Auguste, the yere of our lorde: M.D.XLVI. ]
- Physical Description:
- 8 unnumbered pages, cxl, 4 unnumbered leaves
- Additional Creators:
- Ashton, Peter, -1548
- A translation of "Turcicarum rerum commentarius", Francesco Negri's translation of "Commentario delle cose de' Turchi".
Imprint from colophon.
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
Running title reads: The Turkyshe chronicles.
Variant: colophon misprints "WWitchurche".
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1939. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 50:02).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 11899.
View MARC record | catkey: 4049219