The phœnix of these late times: or the life of Mr. Henry Welby, Esq [microform] : who lived at his house in Grub-street forty foure yeares, and in that space, was never seene by any, aged 84. Shewing the first occasion, and the reasons thereof. Whose portracture, you may behold, as it was taken at his death. With epitaphs and elegies of the late deceased gentleman, who lyeth buried in S. Giles Church neere Criple gate, London
- Heywood, Thomas, approximately 1574-1641
- Additional Titles:
- Life of Mr. Henry Welby, Esq;. and Phœnix of these late times
- London : Printed by N. Okes, and are to be sold by Richard Clotterbuck at his shop in little Brittaine, at the signe of the golden ball, 1637.
- Physical Description:
- 52 unnumbered pages : portrait (metal cut)
- Additional Creators:
- Marshall, William, active 1617-1650
- Appears at reel 1261 (British Library copy) and at reel 1562 (Bodleian Library copy).
Identified as STC 25227 on UMI microfilm reel 1261, and as STC 25228 on reel 1562.
Partly in verse.
Reel 1261: some print show-through.
Reproductions of the originals in the British Library and the Bodleian Library.
Signatures: pi² A-F⁴.
Signed at end: Thomas Heywood.
The portrait is signed: WM sculpt:, i.e. William Marshall.
This edition ends on F3; the last leaf is blank.
Variant: title has ".. by any. Aged 84.".
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1971, 1980. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1261:15, 1562:11).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 25226.5.
View MARC record | catkey: 4049520