The strange, vvonderfull, and bloudy battell betweene frogs and mise [microform] : the occasion of their falling out: their preparation, munition, and resolution for the warres: the seuerall combats of euery person of worth; with many other memorable accidents. Interlaced with diuers pithy and morall sentences, no lesse pleasant to be read, then profitable to be obserued. Couertly decyphering the estate of these times. Paraphrastically done into English heroycall verse by W.F. C.C.C.
- Uniform Title:
- Battle of the frogs and mice. English
- Additional Titles:
- Battell betweene frogs and mise
Strange, wonderfull, and bloudy battell betweene frogs and mise
- London : Printed by S. S[tafford] for Iohn Bayly: and are to be sold at his shop in Chauncery lane, neere to the office of the sixe Clarkes, 1603.
- Physical Description:
- 64 unnumbered pages
- Additional Creators:
- Attributed in antiquity to Homer, but probably of a much later date.
Printer's name from STC.
Reproduction of the original in the Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery.
Running title reads: The battell betweene frogs and mise.
Signatures: [A]² B-H⁴ I² .
The first leaf is blank.
Translator's dedication signed: William Fowldes.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1953. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 547:13).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 13626.
View MARC record | catkey: 4050107