A very frutefull and pleasant boke called the instructio[n] of a Christen woma[n], made fyrst in Laten, and dedicated vnto the quenes good grace, by the right famous clerke mayster Lewes Vives, and turned out of Laten into Englysshe by Rycharde Hyrd. whiche boke who so redeth diligently shal haue knowlege of many thynges, wherin he shal take great pleasure, and specially women shall take great co[m]modyte and frute towarde the[n]creace of vertue [and] good maners [microform].
- Vives, Juan Luis, 1492-1540
- Uniform Title:
- De institutione foeminae christianae. English
- Additional Titles:
- De institutione foeminae christianae and Instruction of a christen women
- [Imprynted at London] : [In Fletestrete, in the house of Thomas Berthelet nere to the Cundite, at the signe of Lucrece], [1529?]]
- Physical Description:
- 324 unnumbered pages
- Additional Creators:
- Hyrde, Richard
- A translation, by Richard Hyrde, of: Vives, Juan Luis. De institutione foeminae christianae.
Imprint from colophon; publication date suggested by STC.
Leaf B2r catchword: "to"; leaf C2r line 1: "comaund".
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
Signatures: A-Y⁴ a-r⁴ s⁶.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1942. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 158:14).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 24856.
View MARC record | catkey: 4051077