hEre endeth the book named the dictes or sayengis of the philosophres [microform] : enprynted. by me william Caxton at westmestre the yere of our lord .M.CCCC.Lxx vij. Whiche book is late translated out of Frenshe into englyssh. by the noble and puissant lord Lord Antone Erle of Ryuyers lord of Scales ...
- Uniform Title:
- Dictes and sayings of the philosophers
- Additional Titles:
- Where it is so that euery humayn creature by the suffrance of our lord god is born and ordeigned to be subgette and thral vnto the stormes of fortune and Where it is so that every humayn creature by the suffrance of our lord god is born and ordeigned to be subgette and thral unto the stormes of fortune
- [Westminster] : [Printed by William Caxton], [1477 [i.e. ca. June 1480]]
- Physical Description:
- 156 unnumbered pages
- Additional Creators:
- Caxton, William, approximately 1422-1491 or 1492, Mubashshir ibn Fātik, Abū al-Wafāʼ, active 11th century, and Rivers, Anthony Woodville, Earl, 1442?-1483
- A translation, by Anthony Woodville, Earl Rivers, of a French version by Guillaume de Tignonville of a compilation ultimately based on: Mubashshir ibn Fātik, Abū al-Wafā'. Mukhtār al-ḥikam wa-maḥāsin al-kalim., Actual publication date from Needham., Reproduction of the original in the British Library., Revised and edited by William Caxton., Signatures: [A-I K⁶]., Text on [A]1r begins: [W]here it is so that euery humayn creature by the suffran̄ce of our lord god is born̄ [and] ordeigned to be subgette and thral vnto the stormes of fortune .., The first leaf and the last two leaves are blank., Title from colophon, [K]2r., and ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1938. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; I-4:18).
- Binding notes:
- Microfilm D18 reel.I-4:1 c.1 (Microfilm, Microfiche, etc.) bound in wHan that Apprill with his shouris sote and the droughte of marche hath p[er]cid þe rote ... [microform]
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Duff 124., GW 8322., Needham, P. Printer & the pardoner, Cx 38., and Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 6828.
View MARC record | catkey: 4052257