A full deuoute and gostely treatyse of the imytacyon and folowynge the blessed lyfe of our moste mercyfull Sauyour cryste [microform] : compyled in Laten by the right worshypful Doctor Mayster Iohn Gerson: and translate into Englisshe the yere of owre lorde M.d.ii. by maister william Atkynson Doctor of diuinite: at ye speciall request [and] co[m]maundeme[n]t of the full excellent Pryncesse Margarete moder to our souerayne lorde Kynge Henry the. vii. and Countesse of Rychemount and Derby
- Uniform Title:
- Imitatio Christi. English
- Additional Titles:
- Full devout and gostely treatyse of the imytacyon and folowynge the blessed lyfe of our moste mercyfull savyour cryste
- [Emprynted in London] : [By Rycharde Pynson, in Flete strete at the sygne of the george, at the commaundement and instaunce of the right noble [and] excelle[n]t princes Margarete moder to our soueraygne lorde Kyng Henry the. vii. [and] cou[n]tesse of Rychmou[n]t [and] Derby, The yere of our lorde god. M.CCCCC. and. xvii. The. vii. day of October.] 
- Physical Description:
- 232 unnumbered pages
- Additional Creators:
- Thomas, à Kempis, 1380-1471, Atkinson, William, -1509, and Gersen, Giovanni, Abbot of Vercelli, active 14th century
- An English translation, by William Atkinson, of: Imitatio Christi.
Imprint from colophon of Book 3.
Reproduction of the original in the Cambridge University Library.
Signatures: A-B C-P⁶ Q⁴ [2d]A-[2d]C⁶.
The traditional attribution to Thomas a ̀Kempis is disputed.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1951. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 449:08).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 23957.
View MARC record | catkey: 4052884