The life of Bernard Gilpin [microform] : a man most holy and renowned among the northerne English. Faithfully written by the Right Reverend Father in God George Carleton Lord Bishop of Chichester, and published for the satisfaction of his countrymen, by whom it was long since earnestly desired. With his sermon preached before King Edward the Sixth anno. 1552
- Carleton, George, 1559-1628
- Uniform Title:
- Vita Bernardi Gilpini. English
- Additional Titles:
- Sermon preached in the court at Greenevvitch: before K. Edvvard the Sixth, the first Sunday after the Epiphanie, anno. 1552
Sermon preached in the court at Greenewitch: before K. Edward the Sixth, the first Sunday after the Epiphanie, anno. 1552
Vita Bernardi Gilpini
- Imprinted at London : By W[illiam] I[ones] and T. P[aine] dwelling in Red-crosse-street, 1629.
- The fourth edition.
- Physical Description:
- 18 unnumbered pages, 220, 219-335 pages, 1 unnumbered page : illustrations (woodcut)
- Additional Creators:
- Freake, William
Gilpin, Bernard, 1517-1583
- "A sermon preached in the court at Greenevvitch: before K. Edvvard the Sixth, the first Sunday after the Epiphanie, anno. 1552" by Bernard Gilpin has separate dated title page; pagination and register are continuous.
Printers' names from STC.
Reproduction of the original in the Union Theological Seminary (New York, N.Y.). Library.
Translation by William Freake of: Vita Bernardi Gilpini.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1975. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1373:08).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 4648.
View MARC record | catkey: 4053043